What is Hard Drive and how it Works?
Hard drive is an essential component of a computer, it is also named as hard disk, hard disk drive and fixed disk (internal drive). It is a data storage device that store and retrieve digital information. To store and retrieve data, hard drive uses rapid rotating disks that are covered with magnetic material. To read and write data on the platter surfaces, hard drive makes use of platters which is fixed with magnetic heads that is arranged on moving actuator arm. Data can be accessed in random-access manner, which enables to access data in any order rather than accessing sequentially.
What is Hard Drive Partition?
Partition means division of computer hard drive into many regions, so that you can save and access the files in respective partitions easily. For example, if you need to store professional data and personal data separately, then you can save personal data in one partition and professional data in other partitions.
How data loss occurs in partitions?
Data loss may happen due to the following reasons:
- Accidental Format: If deletion of entire data from partition is necessary then formatting is an easy process of deleting all the data in single click. If you click format button accidentally then all important files present in partition will be lost.
- Deleting using Shift + delete or Command + delete keys: When you delete a file normally, deleted files are stored in to Recycle Bin/Trash. But if you delete a file using Command + Delete keys in Mac or Shift + Delete in Windows, then file will be deleted without storing in Recycle Bin/Trash.
- Severe Header Corruption: File header is the identity of a particular file and file system needs header to identify the required file. If the file header gets corrupt due to any reason, then the file cannot be accessed.
- Other Causes: Apart from above mentioned reasons there are many other causes that are responsible for deletion/loss of data from partitions. Some of them are due to bad sectors, file system corruption, using unreliable third party tool, files bypass from Recycle Bin, improper file transfer, etc.
How to recover lost files due to above mentioned reasons?
To recover lost or deleted files from partitions, you need to simple download and install any reliable partition recovering software. The most abundantly used recovering software is Partition Recovery software.
What are the features of Partition Recovery software?
Following are some of the significant features of Partition Recovery software:
- This software can recover lost/deleted files from partitions in easy way and technical person is not required to manage this software.
- Partition recovery software enables you to recover deleted/lost partition files from Windows (Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, etc) and Mac OS X (Yosemite, Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard, Lion, Leopard and Mavericks) operating systems.
- This software recovers deleted/lost files from partition arrays i.e. RAID0, RAID1 and RAID5.
- It can enable you to recover deleted/lost files from FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and ExtFAT partitions in Windows and HFS+, HFSX, FAT16 and FAT32 partitions in Mac.
- This software presents you demo version and you can download, install and execute freely. You can preview the lost files after scanning the partitions. On satisfactory results you can install full version of this software to save the recovered files.